Close Menu
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Subscribe
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Home » US judge orders release of woman accused of vandalism at World War II Memorial
News

US judge orders release of woman accused of vandalism at World War II Memorial

David LuttrellBy David LuttrellAugust 18, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn Tumblr
US judge orders release of woman accused of vandalism at World War II Memorial

A U.S. judge ordered on Monday the release of a Kentucky woman who was accused of vandalism at the World War II Memorial ‌in Washington last week, court records showed.

U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro, the top federal prosecutor in Washington, criticized the order that led to the release of the woman, Melissa Farris, 41, who was taken ​into custody last week and charged with two felony counts.

Court documents showed Farris agreed to conditions of her release, including surrendering her passport and not leaving the continental U.S. unless approved by court.

The Justice Department urged a reconsideration of Monday’s order and said the woman was “a risk of flight.”

The World War II Memorial was vandalized with bubbly soap and graffiti on Thursday. The fountain bubbled over with suds and the words “Clean ​hands Dirty $” were painted on one surface, splattering the area with red and green paint.

In earlier videos posted to her Facebook ​account, Farris recorded herself spray painting the memorial. She described ⁠herself on social media as a “pirate captain” who is “panhandling for America.”

Melissa Farris, the Kentucky woman who was charged with two felony counts in connection with the vandalism at the World War II Memorial on Aug. 13, 2026, in this image obtained from social media. (Screenshot released by U.S. Attorney Jeanine Pirro via Reuters)

In Facebook posts, Farris had said she was planning the Aug. 13 action to draw attention to U.S. tax dollars not being spent on ordinary Americans and ​to what she alleged were corporate ​racketeering, embezzlement and slave labor ⁠practices, among other issues.

A preliminary hearing is set for Sept. 3.

Pirro ​has recently drawn ⁠President Donald Trump’s anger for dropping charges against four people the Justice Department had accused of vandalizing the Reflecting Pool after Trump oversaw renovations of the pool.

The pool’s condition soon deteriorated, with a peeling liner and algae blooms. When dropping the vandalism charges, Pirro blamed the deterioration on faulty installation. Trump said she ​had “folded like an umbrella.”​

Read the full article here
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Two workers killed, several injured after explosions tear through Ohio recycling facility

Bodycam footage shows Marine pilot walking away from crashed F/A-18 Hornet

Accused murderer who fled US during 48-hour pass had access to taxpayer-funded apartment

Drivers Josef Newgarden and Kyle Kirkwood talk IndyCar’s ‘once-in-a-lifetime’ Freedom 250 Grand Prix

Penn State frat coke ring’s alleged ringleader denied bail after missing arraignment, turning himself in

DARPA came close to finding a drone that can lift four times its own weight

Editor's Picks

Two workers killed, several injured after explosions tear through Ohio recycling facility

August 18, 2026

Bodycam footage shows Marine pilot walking away from crashed F/A-18 Hornet

August 18, 2026

Carrying 5.7x28mm

August 18, 2026

Accused murderer who fled US during 48-hour pass had access to taxpayer-funded apartment

August 18, 2026

US judge orders release of woman accused of vandalism at World War II Memorial

August 18, 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.