Close Menu
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Subscribe
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Home » Michael Bay slated to direct film on rescue of F-15 crew in Iran
News

Michael Bay slated to direct film on rescue of F-15 crew in Iran

David LuttrellBy David LuttrellMay 20, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn Tumblr
Michael Bay slated to direct film on rescue of F-15 crew in Iran

Less than two months after U.S. forces rescued two crew members behind enemy lines after their aircraft was shot down over Iran, filmmaker Michael Bay has confirmed he will be helming a movie based on the mission.

Backed by Universal Pictures, the “Transformers” director is slated to shepherd the speed-of-light-turnaround project based on the April 3 shoot down of a U.S. Air Force F-15E Strike Eagle and subsequent rescue of its crew during U.S.-led operations against the Islamic Republic, Deadline reported.

The untitled movie is expected to be based on a book by author Mitchell Zuckoff, which will be released in 2027, according to Deadline. Bay previously worked with Zuckoff on the film adaptation of 13 Hours, which chronicled the 2012 attack on a U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya.

On April 3, the F-15, call sign Dude 44, was downed by Iranian air defenses at approximately 4:40 a.m. local time, becoming the first manned aircraft to be lost to hostile anti-aircraft fire since Operation Epic Fury began on Feb. 28.

Both crew members ejected and landed miles apart. Though the pilot was located within hours and rescued — after an intense fight — the aircraft’s weapons systems officer remained on the move, evading Iranian forces in the Zagros Mountains, treating his own wounds and taking cover in a mountain crevice, according to U.S. President Donald Trump, who called the rescue mission “one of the largest, most complex, most harrowing combat search-and-rescue missions ever attempted by the military.”

U.S. special forces eventually rescued the second downed airman following a complex operation, Trump announced on April 5.

The identities of the crew members have not yet been released.

In a statement provided to Deadline, Bay praised his “amazing partnership over [a] 30-year career working with the Department of War and amazing U.S. military members.”

Bay added that the upcoming film adaptation will celebrate “the true heroism and unwavering dedication of our service members.”

J.D. Simkins is Editor-in-Chief of Military Times and Defense News, and a Marine Corps veteran of the Iraq War.

Read the full article here
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Northeastern city votes to end ShotSpotter contract for gunfire-detection tech designed to fight crime

Trump says Ukraine lacks leverage. His own officials say otherwise.

Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night

Two suspected American communist insurgents killed in clash in the Philippines

Services ask defense secretary for exceptions to lax flu vaccine policy

Influencer and her lawyer father arrested for alleged murder-for-hire plot involving her baby daddy

Editor's Picks

Northeastern city votes to end ShotSpotter contract for gunfire-detection tech designed to fight crime

May 20, 2026

Trump says Ukraine lacks leverage. His own officials say otherwise.

May 20, 2026

Minimalist Almeris En Route from Civivi

May 20, 2026

Iran Warns Will Take The War “Beyond The Region” If Trump Restarts Attacks

May 20, 2026

Ella Langley’s behind-the-scenes ACM Awards video has fans ‘crying all over again’ after record-breaking night

May 20, 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.