Close Menu
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • Home
  • News
  • Tactical
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Videos
Subscribe
Gun and TacticalGun and Tactical
  • News
  • Guns and Gear
  • Prepping & Survival
  • Tactical
  • Videos
Home » Alleged shooters in Islamic Center of San Diego attack identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez: report
News

Alleged shooters in Islamic Center of San Diego attack identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez: report

David LuttrellBy David LuttrellMay 19, 20262 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest WhatsApp Telegram Email LinkedIn Tumblr
Alleged shooters in Islamic Center of San Diego attack identified as Cain Clark and Caleb Velasquez: report

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

The suspects who allegedly killed three men at the Islamic Center of San Diego have been identified as 17-year-old Cain Clark and 18-year-old Caleb Velasquez, the New York Post reported, citing a law enforcement source.

The suspects were found dead with apparent self-inflicted gunshot wounds inside a vehicle a few blocks from the mosque following the bloodshed.

“We’re very sorry for what happened,” Clark’s grandfather, 78-year-old David Clark, told the Post. “We know as much as you do. It’s a shock.”

Clark had been on the wrestling team at Madison High School, according to the school’s social media page. A San Diego Unified School District spokesperson told Fox News Digital that Clark had been attending school virtually through iHigh Virtual Academy since 2021.

CHICAGO HATE CRIME SHOOTING SUSPECT RESEARCHED JEWISH TARGETS, HAD PRO-HAMAS MATERIAL ON HIS PHONE: PROSECUTOR

While a motive remains unclear, authorities said that the deadly shooting is being investigated as a hate crime after police say authorities uncovered evidence the suspects engaged in “hate rhetoric.”

One suspect’s mother had contacted authorities and reported her son missing roughly two hours before the deadly attack, San Diego Police Chief Scott Wahl said Monday.

Home of a suspect in a shooting at the Islamic Center of San Diego being searched

FORMER VIRGINIA ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL ON TRIAL AFTER ALLEGEDLY IGNORING WARNINGS BEFORE 6-YEAR-OLD SHOT TEACHER

The situation escalated as the mother “began to piece together bits and pieces of information” and relayed them to investigators throughout the morning, according to Wahl, including that some of her firearms and her vehicle were missing.

“With this information, she believed her son was suicidal,” Wahl said during an evening news conference.

A body covered with a tarp at the scene outside the Islamic Center of San Diego

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

The search for the teen took on more urgency as police learned that he was dressed in camouflage and with an acquaintance — facts that were not consistent with someone about to die by suicide, the chief said.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Read the full article here
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Keep Reading

Homeowner Fires Single Shot, Fatally Hitting Intruder Breaking Through Glass Front Door

Joy Behar warns ‘we’re all going to die’ in heated clash with co-hosts over TrumpRx initiative

MQ-25A Stingray cleared for deployment, says Cao

Putin using Africa as ‘purse’ for Ukraine war while US faces ‘intelligence black hole’: commander

More US troop withdrawals from Europe expected, NATO commander says

Umpires in Nationals-Mets game seemingly forget the rules, causing extra-innings delay

Editor's Picks

Homeowner Fires Single Shot, Fatally Hitting Intruder Breaking Through Glass Front Door

May 19, 2026

Joy Behar warns ‘we’re all going to die’ in heated clash with co-hosts over TrumpRx initiative

May 19, 2026

MQ-25A Stingray cleared for deployment, says Cao

May 19, 2026

Putin using Africa as ‘purse’ for Ukraine war while US faces ‘intelligence black hole’: commander

May 19, 2026

More US troop withdrawals from Europe expected, NATO commander says

May 19, 2026

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.